- Any organisation registered in India, with a customer base-Domestic, Export or both.
- Applicant must have been actively in business at least for the past three years.
- Minimum 50% of the business revenue must be from external customers, out side the parent group.
- If it is an Operating Unit or Strategic Business Unit, it must have the broad range of functions covering the end to end value chain under the scope of activities of the unit.
- Operating units will be considered under the appropriate category based on the group turnover-like Large or Medium, irrespective of the turnover of the units applied. If the group turnover is below INR 100 Crs, then the applicant will be under Small Business Category.
- Retail outlets, single brand/ multi brand showrooms etc. can apply, if the requirements under all 7 categories of the model can be sufficiently demonstrated. Annual sales revenue must be minimum Rs 25 Cr and the employees on role must be minimum 20. This units will fall under the FMCG/Retail/Consumer Durables category
- Not for Profit Organisations, where the organisation is working with beneficiaries based on funded revenue/ projects are not eligible to apply. However, if the business model have products/services offered to customers and minimum 50% of the revenue is generated through these products/services, then such NPOs can apply. They will fall under thenrespective category based on the product/services offered. Public Services under State/Central government can apply –Like LIC, Passport, Electricity supply corporation, Public Transport etc.
- Startup/Emerging Business Organisations incorporated in India between 01-01-2010 to 31-12-2017 (Both Dates included). Business entities established as part of global expansion, where the original start up was incorporated before 2010 is not eligible under this. They can participate under Large or Medium Business Organizations as per their turnover.
Emerging Business Organisations are defined for the purpose of the award category as follows
- Any Business Organisations started in India between 01-01-2010 to 31-12-2017, which otherwise does not meet the definition of a start-up. These busines can be on existing product or service offering and not necessarily on innovative/emerging technologies and solutions. but started as a fresh enterprise. Units part of any large group starting a new business/diversification/expansion will not be eligible under this category.